To add a forum to your WordPress site, you will need a plugin called “bbPress”. With the bbPress plugin for WordPress, you can quickly and easily add forum capabilities to any WordPress site.
To install bbPress on WordPress, follow these steps:
- Log in to your WordPress admin page.
- Go to Plugins, select on Add New.
- In the Search text box, type bbPress, and then click Search Plugins.
- After WordPress finishes installing the plugin.
- click Activate Plugin.
- After you have installed the bbPress plugin, Goto Plugins, click on Permalinks.
- Set the permalink setting as the screenshot below.
- Now, open you’re a new tab in your browser and type in your web address/forums (e.g. wpblvd.com/forums) to test if the bbPress is working.
- Navigate back to your WordPress admin page, click on Forum and select New Forum.
- Type in the topic of the forum and details of the forum.
- Click Publish to make it go-live.
You have successfully added a forum to your WordPress website.
You can also check;